Key strategic goals and points
In the long-term, the LUKOIL Group is focused on consistent value creation, as well as on increasing the level of environmental, industrial and social security.
Strategic goals of the LUKOIL Group:
- Strengthening positions in the industry.
- Financial stability.
- Optimal balance.
- High corporate responsibility.
The Company has set the following key strategic points:
- financial stability and reasonable balance between current shareholders’ profits and long-term capital investment;
- a balanced portfolio of projects that fully uses the potential of diversification and vertical integration and ensures the best return-risk ratio;
- development of technological competence and increased energy efficiency;
- planning activities around the principles of social and economic responsibility.
Key strategic points are formulated at the level of business sectors and business segments and are broken down by project portfolios and strategic groups of assets. This helps design balanced branch-wise development programs and build an optimal investment project portfolio on their basis.
|Upstream Business Segment||Downstream Business Segment|
|Upstream in Russia Business Sector||Oil Refining in Russia Business Sector|
| || |
|Petrochemicals Business Sector|
|Increasing production efficiency through synergy with oil processing|
|Product Marketing in Russia Business Sector|
|Improving business consumer focus|
|Power Engineering Business Sector|
|Increasing the efficiency and reliability of commercial generation facilities, optimizing low-efficiency assets, upgrading thermal generation assets|
|Upstream Abroad Business Sector||Oil Processing Abroad Business Sector|
| ||Ensuring optimal refining load, based on a balanced production program in view of market conditions|
| Lubricant production |
Optimizing low-margin areas, expanding delivery range, increasing the range of the oil product portfolio
|Product Marketing Abroad Business Sector|
|Optimizing European marketing assets that are not integrated into the general business model As of the Report publication date the program has been completed.|