Following international principles and best practice, as projects are being implemented, subsidiaries maintain a constant dialogue with the indigenous people, supporting their socio-economic development and the preservation of their culture and traditions. The IMN interaction policy is governed by the provisions of the Social Code of ОАО LUKOIL (p. 2.4. Preservation of national/cultural authenticity).
Implementation of the provisions of the Social Code is carried out through programs approved annually by subsidiaries in the Khanty-Mansiisk Autonomous Area - Yugra, the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Area, the Nenets Autonomous Area, the Komi Republic, West Siberia and the Perm Territory. The key mechanisms of interaction include:
- cooperation agreements with the authorities of the regions of the Russian Federation and PJSC LUKOIL;
- economic agreements with leaders of territories on traditional ecological management;
- socio-economic development agreements with deer farms;
- agreements and cooperation with the non-governmental IMN organizations, such as Save Yugra, Yamal - for our Descendants, the Assembly of the Indigenous Minorities of the North, Association of the Nenets people Yasavey, the Union of Deer Breeders, etc.;
- Social and Cultural Projects Contest.
Economic agreements with the leaders of territories on traditional ecological management of the Khanty-Mansiisk Autonomous Area - Yugra, has made it possible to maintain a traditional lifestyle and indigenous economic activities. The compensations payable under the economic agreements include monetary payments, provision of boats, snowmobiles, sleighs, out-board engines, power stations, chainsaws, compound animal feeds, air- and automobile transportation, medical care, education and job opportunities.
In the Nenets Autonomous Area, PJSC LUKOIL supports the IMN in accordance with the agreements on socio-economic development of agricultural production cooperatives in the territories in which it operates. Under the agreements, the deer farms build houses and corrals, purchase equipment and fuel, arrange vacations for the deer breeders and their children and ensure adequate, vitamin-rich nutrition.
The Company gives priority attention to its relations with non-governmental organizations, particularly in the sphere of the preservation of ethnic identity, language and cultures of the IMN. As part of the Social and Cultural Projects Contest, PJSC LUKOIL supports initiatives of the IMN.